YES Releases 2016 Impact Report
Fiscal Year 2016 was a year of great impact and achievement at YES. More than 1,600 youth explored the great outdoors with us – many for the first time. Over half of youth served were from YES’s target neighborhoods of Dorchester, Roxbury, and Mattapan. 75% of youth were from low-to-moderate income families.
We are inspired by the progress YES has made during Fiscal Year 2016. And, we are energized to continue moving towards our goal of doubling the number of youth served in our repeat engagement programs and high impact YES Academy programs.
Highlights from the year include:
- 100% of Operation SnowSports youth reported increased confidence in trying new things.
- 100% of YES Academy seniors graduated high school and enrolled in college.
- 90% of young people in the Girls Outdoor Adventure Leaders program reported an increase in self-esteem after the program.
- 72% of Track and Field youth reported increased physical activity after program participation.
- 80% of YES alumni reported taking on a leadership role on their college campus.
Click here to view our full Fiscal Year 2016 Impact Report.