YES has a long rich history of getting kids outdoors and teaching them about their abilities to overcome challenges. Boosting a kid’s confidence and expanding his or her horizons is the YES way.
From December to March, YES operates trips every Saturday and Sunday. Other trips — mid-week, school vacation, and overnight — are available by special request during the winter months.
From April to October, and especially during the summer school vacation months, agencies can sign up on designated days for our activities. Groups must provide their own transportation, appropriate clothing, lunch and water. In addition, we run special trips on request that can consist of overnight camping, mountain biking, kayaking, and hiking. All weekend overnight trips take place at Swann Lodge, a YES facility in Monterey, MA.
Please review the following requirements for agency trips with YES:
1. Equipment and Guides: YES provides all outdoor equipment and volunteer guides. Groups must provide their own transportation, appropriate clothing, lunch and water.
2. Timing of Trips: Most day trips begin at YES at 9:00am and return by 4:00pm. Other times can be requested and must be agreed upon in advance. Friday – Sunday overnight trips start at 5:30pm on Friday and return by 4:00pm on Sunday. Allow 3 hours of driving time.
3. Trip payments: A non-refundable deposit of 1/3 of the trip cost must be made to reserve a date. Deposits are due within five business days after your reservation is made. If a deposit is not received after five days, your reservation will be canceled. The remainder is due, along with permission slips, 7 days before the start of the trip. Refunds are not available.
4. Agency Chaperone Requirements: YES Chaperone Permission Slip Form Agencies with participants ages 13-18 are required to provide one chaperone (18 or older) for every seven youth. Groups bringing youth ages 7-12 must provide one chaperone (18 or older) for every five youth. On all trips everyone participates safely with respect for the staff, volunteers, fellow participants and equipment. Chaperones must be with their youth at all times. NO ADDITIONAL CHAPERONES ARE PERMITTED.
5. Agency Transportation Responsibilities: During the winter, groups of 15 or more must supply an emergency vehicle to accompany YES transportation vehicles. For all Outdoor Adventure activities and trips, agencies must provide all transportation.
6. Permission Slips:YES Youth Permission Slip Form A parent or guardian must complete and sign a YES permission slip for each youth and chaperone (under 18). Original, signed copies only. No faxes or emails are accepted. Permission slips and remaining balance are due at the pre-trip/orientation and fitting. NO REFUNDS are given if an agency or parent does not show for the activity.
7. Equipment and Trip Orientations: The pre-trip fitting at YES is required for all youth and chaperones going on winter trips, including those with their own equipment. For all Outdoor Adventure day or overnight trips during the summer months, YES conducts trip orientations at your location for all participating youth. All permission slips and final payments are due at the time of orientations and only original forms are accepted – no photocopies or faxes. Winter fittings are scheduled no earlier than 5PM and no later than 8PM. Summer fittings are scheduled no earlier than 4:45 PM and no later than 7:45PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Summer orientations are conducted on Mondays between 12pm and 4pm for agencies only.
8. No Substitutes: Replacing a no-show participant with another child on the day of the trip is not permitted.
9. Cancellations: YES reserves the right to cancel trips due to inclement weather or for other safety precautions.
We look forward to hearing from you soon, and thank you for considering YES as a resource for your agency.